The movie rental service called seventymm

I heard this name quite a lot, many a times thru friends and most of the time on internet and thru spam mails. It always looked interesting. I thought of trying the services for few months in 2006. I was browsing their website for movies and realized that they don’t have latest movies and that point I thought it does not make sense as you won’t get new movies. I dropped the idea of taking their membership, in-fact I canceled just before making the payment (I never knew I was doing the right thing until now). Past four years I managed to ignore them, but suddenly one fine day they appeared again and called me and made me an offer to re-join. I was not too interested. They were offering 3 DVD combos, one gift hamper for Rs.1000 for shopping on a website or Rs.2500 gift hamper to shop on another jewelers site. I was still not interested but the man inside me said you can bargain. Unfortunately I did that and you will know why unfortunately. I asked them for 6 DVD combos, Rs.1000 hamper and Rs.2500 hamper for a three month subscription (for a price of Rs.699). While bargaining, I was simultaneously checking the site where I can use the gift vouchers and it looked interesting. I thought there are lots of options to choose from. If they agree, good if not I am anyways not interested. To my surprise they agreed and I made the payment and they were happy (probably they were thinking one more bakra).


The real story begins now. They promised me that they will send the list of combo DVD’s for me to choose as soon I make the payment and they create an account. I made the payment and my account was created. I was happy and exited at the same time, was thinking which jewelry should I buy for my wife and which gift should I choose for my daughter from the sites. I was lost in those thoughts and realized that I have not received the list of the combo DVD’s as expected. I sent them a reminder, no response. I sent another email and then I got a reply with a sorry (as expected) and the list of the DVD’s. It happens, I thought and selected the movies and provided them my choice. Very promptly I got a response that I will get the DVD combo’s along with other gifts within seven days. My ordeal didn’t end here. I ordered a movie on the same day I registered for membership. They said within one business day, the movie will be delivered to my door step. Wow, I was thinking what an effective service and was thinking that they have a very good network of delivery boys. But man, I was in for a surprise. One day gone, two days gone, three days gone and I was continuously sending them emails to follow up, called up their customer service number (which will either say no one is available and cut the phone or will say call in the regular hours (9-7 pm) even though I am calling in the afternoon and will disconnect the call), it was frustrating, not because I was not getting the gifts and the movie, but because there was nothing like customer service and no value for time and commitments. It’s been 10 days since I became a member and still waiting for the movie, for the gifts. I did not leave any stone unturned and utilized all options to escalate. I even wrote to their CEO (but it looks like juniors and following their leaders) but did not receive any response. Someone did respond to me yesterday that they are really sorry and the movie will be delivered along with the gifts at the earliest. Well two days have passed again and no sight of the delivery boy. I was and still I am pissed of with such careless attitude of the entire team of Seventymm and just thinking what would Mudit Khosla would be thinking when he joined Seventymm. I did a search on feedback/reviews for Seventymm on internet and to my surprise I am not the only one. There are loads and loads of negative feedback on Seventymm and its services. Oh boy, why I did not do a research earlier, why I did not check before taking the membership? I am sending a mail to them for cancelation and asking them to refund my money, unfortunately there is no response to that as well.

I was searching for more information and was going thru the list of board members and management. They all had smiling photos on the website and to me it looked like they are smiling at our plight and saying “one more Seventymm bakra” . The entire episode reminds me of a very popular song from Amit Ji’s film, "intiaah ho gayi inteezaar ki….".

The fight is still on, what to do next. The big question is, should I reach out to media?

Comments

Gopal said…
You are NOT alone / last in this fight against businesses which dont respect their customer's hard earned money ... Thank you for being VOCAL ... TRUTH MUST PREVAIL!!!

Please send a mail by regd post to them asking to refund your money w/i a timeline you think reasonable w/ all the details you have in writing from them (by email) ... If they still dont show up, you can write to BEWARE@NETWORK18ONLINE.COM. HTH - Gopal Purohit

Popular posts from this blog

Tirupati to Tirumala by Footpath

Holy Trip to Rameswaram (Madurai, Rameshwaram & Kanyakumari)

Trip to Vaishno Devi