Health Vacation at JNI - Day 4


It has become a routine to get-up at 5 without much hassle now. You don’t need any alarm as well. The system has got immune to this new lifestyle and timings. The tiredness that was there on first two days is much less now. Probably my body has understood that this is the new schedule it needs to follow, like it or not.
We started the day with walking for about 3 kms and then completed our yogic kriya’s followed by yoga asana’s. As usual once we complete these activities, we are served various tea and leave’s, for me its always digestive team with methi.  After that it’s time for mud pack and eye pack. These activities are regular and to be followed by everyone, every day. Today, it was infra-red sauna for me. It is very similar to regular sauna but with infra-red rather than steam. 

This was followed by physiotherapy and acupuncture session. IN between all these treatments we had breaks for juice which included karela or bitter gourd juice along with ragi porridge and cherry tomatoes. All of this we completed before lunch. For a change today, the lunch was different. I was prescribed two chapatis (indian bread) with soup and vegetables. For some reason, the day was pretty relaxed and calm. Maybe as I mentioned earlier my body has got used to the environment and the schedule now. I was much more relaxed today. After lunch i took a nap before proceeding for the next treatment.
In the second half today, I was scheduled for Vibro Therapy (using vibromatic). In this therapy, powder is applied to your entire body followed by a massage using a machine which has various attachment’s to provide different pressures.  It was very relaxing and I felt like all the pressure and pain vanished. I wanted to enjoy this and hence just relaxed post this session for some time. I completed all the treatments in time for me to join the evening yoga session specifically on spinal care. Today almost everyone suffers from some sort of back pain I felt good after attending this session and planned to attend it as much as possible to care for my back. After finishing the yoga, I went to Reflexology Park followed by 5 kms walk. The walking track is very serene; you have lake along with it, fruit and vegetable garden, plantation area and lot of greenery around. Overall it was a very relaxed and fulfilling day. My body has started responding to the treatment, I have got used to the schedule and able to manage my time well.


It’s the end of day 4 and I have lost more than 1 kg. weight. The target is 10 kg weight loss but I know it’s going to be difficult. But I will aim for maximum and do my best to utilize the time well. So far I am doing good, progressing well and the body is also responding well now. I think it was a good decision to come to JNI.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tirupati to Tirumala by Footpath

Holy Trip to Rameswaram (Madurai, Rameshwaram & Kanyakumari)

Trip to Vaishno Devi