Health Vacation at JNI - Day 5


As the days are progressing, the schedule is becoming smooth and easy. I think my body is getting used to it now and responding well to the schedule. As usual got up at 5 AM and got ready for the day. Started the day with some walking and then completed our yogic kriya’s. Initially I was amazed with how easily others are able to do Jalaneeti and other kriya’s, but now even I have become more confident and can do it with ease. I think it all comes with experience, more you experience better you get at it. Now I don’t need any directions and quickly complete all my kriya’s, with ease. After completing the kriya’s, it was time for laughter therapy or laughing yoga. I remember I used to see people practicing laughter yoga in the park when I used to go for walking and I used to think what they are doing. But now I know and understand the benefits. As they say, Laughter is the best medicine and we understood what it means now. 

There are many benefits of everyday laughter sessions, some of the most important benefits are:

-         -  Laughter stimulates the circulation and respiration
-        -   It boosts your immune system
-         -  As we laugh the blood vessels in our body expand increasing blood flow and improving the circulatory system
-         -  It tones the muscle and internal organs
-          - Encourages the release of endorphins which give us the feel good factor and often known as the Happy Hormones.

There have been lot of research done on this and all of them have found good benefits. So, take some time every day and ho ho ha ha ha and have a good and hearty laugh.

After the laughter session, we did yoga for about 45 minutes. I left about 10 mins early today as I was scheduled for CHT or Cholon Hydro Therapy at 7.30 AM. I went to my room to clean my system. Because of this I got little late. I had scheduled my CHT with the same person who did it last time, Manmohan singh. He had already done all preparation and was waiting for me. As soon as I reached, he took me to the treatment room and started the process. I was feeling little embarrassed that I was not able to clean my bowels today properly and said sorry to him. He said, ‘don’t worry sir, it happens’ and said its perfectly normal, I was relieved. They say that CHT improves digestion, helps in constipation and benefits our system in many other ways. As usual, I am expected to take complete rest for an hour, no exercise, no walking, no treatment and no eating as well. In the process today I missed my morning DT+M (Digestive team with Methi). Anyways I didn’t miss it much as that is available throughout the day. My breakfast was usual, Aloevera juice with Ragi Porridge and a slice of Papaya. After breakfast I went for usual Mud Pack and Eye Pack and completed my physiotherapy session. Today it was a festival called Ugadi and hence most of the staff was on holiday. Hence the treatment section was closed post lunch which means no activities or treatments after lunch. I guess we will get some “Me” time today. Lunch was nothing different today, usual 2 chapati, soup and two vegetable curries along buttermilk.

I took some rest after the lunch; there was no hurry as there were no activities now. Enjoyed the free time and utilized some of it for washing clothes and dirty laundry. By the time I finished laundry, it was already time for afternoon juice.  For a change this time it was sattu drink, well I just completed the formality of drinking. It was too hot outside today and not at all conducive for walking or doing any outdoor activity. At 4 pm, I got Aloe Vera Juice with slices of tomatoes. When the sun become bearable, we started our walk in the evening and completed our walk in Reflexology Park as well.

My body was responding to the food and the treatments. First two days, I could feel hunger pangs in between but now my body was well adjusted to the schedule and the new settings. However how well I will be able to manage once I am back to the city life, is yet to be seen. Well, for the time being, let’s just concentrate on the stay here and enjoy the time being spent on health. For the first time in last 5 days, we could enjoy sunset, a very good view of the lake, birds flying across, indeed it was very pleasant and soothing. After some rest and good view, we headed for dinner at 6.40 PM which included papaya, pineapple and sprouts salad. At 8.30 we had hot milk with jaggery along with a slice of bread.


Tomorrow is a new day, with some new treatments and for a change a pizza in lunch. Well, I am sure its not going to be that regular cheese pizza of pizza hut or dominos but it will be more like ragi pizza with vegetable stuffing’s. Even then I am looking forward to it. Cherish every moment and savior every food that you get. Good night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tirupati to Tirumala by Footpath

Holy Trip to Rameswaram (Madurai, Rameshwaram & Kanyakumari)

Trip to Vaishno Devi