Health Vacation at JNI - Day 6


Suryanamaskar

Days are becoming longer, and even then time is not enough. We started our day today around 5.30 AM. We got up at 5 but by the time we started walking it was already 5.30 AM. Mahesh is still continuing fasting for 4th day consecutively whereas Gopalji had come back to fruits diet since he developed acidity and doctor advised him to go back to fruits diet.

The day started as usual with a walk for about 2.5 Kms and then performing the yogic kriyas followed by laughing session. These laughing sessions have gone so much in mind and body that we don’t leave any chance to laugh. After the daily dose of laughter we completed our yoga session as well.
At 7.40 AM it was time for DT+M (Digestive Tea and Methi), a ritual we will miss once we are out of here. After the tea break we head to the treatment section for the other rituals to be completed. I completed my Mud Pack Eye Pack session followed by Bitter gourd Juice along with Ragi porridge and papaya at 8.45 AM. After that it was time for Castor Oil pack for abdomen. It took some time as there was lot of rush today. JNI had their annual all employees meeting today and hence most of the activities were closed for about an hour and even lunch time was delayed for 30 mins because of the annual meeting. While attending these sessions, we got opportunity to interact with the employees and other patients also. We came across some startling facts. As per the practice most of the patients stay there for about 10 days, however we met some people who have been staying there for 20 days and some for more than 40 days. There was a couple from Russia who were there for 40 days. We also realized that majority of the patients are repeat customers who come and join JNI every year for 10 days. There are some who would come and stay at JNI before any travel or any special occasion (it’s like visiting beauty parlor before every celebration J ). One of the most interesting fact (my observation obviously) I observed is majority of the patients are Gujarati’s (I think about 60-7-%). I have seen people complain about food but I liked it and have really enjoyed. I am used to eating lot of fruits and raw vegetables and hence it was very smooth for me.

For a change, the lunch suggested for me was little different today and I have no complaints about it. I was given pizza along with boiled vegetables and soup along with buttermilk. Yummy, it was and others were jealous of me since I got a pizza in lunch J. Post lunch I met my doctor to discuss next day’s treatment and diet recommendations. Once that was over, I went for Neem Aloe Vera and turmeric paste therapy. They applied the paste all over the body and made me sit in the sun for 20 minutes for it to dry. It was followed by shower with good force of the water from all sides. I finished my physiotherapy and acupuncture post that. In between I had juice twice, once at 2 PM and then again at 3.30 PM. At 2 I was served whole-some juice. This juice contains 25 different items and considered to be very healthy and filling. At 3.30 I got Aloevera juice with cherry tomatoes.

In the evening after finishing all the activities, we completed 2 rounds of walk. By the time we finished our walk it was time for dinner. Dinner was same like any other day. Today, JNI had organized a session on how to control and manage cholesterol thru naturopathy. It was very interesting and the doctor explained what cholesterol is, how it develops, what could be the consequences of not maintaining it and how to control it. It was a good informative session. After that we decided to spend some time in Health Education Center. It provides very good information on various body parts and diseases associated with our various body parts and how t control and manage them. Thou there was lot to cover; we decided to move on as it was final 5 mins for the final juice of the day, hot milk with jaggery and bread.  We have become so accustomed to these timings that no-body wants to miss any of those drinks even if they don’t like.

I heard that today some 85 people have joined JNI. I guess probably people are using the holiday time to its maximum. Good that people come here to get treated but unfortunately we are not able to manage the lifestyle outside and it makes us repeat our stay at JNI. Here in JNI during our stay we are just thinking about Health, Food and treatments. I am sure if we spend just 10% of our days thinking about all these in our day to day life, we will not have to come here and live more healthy life. My eyes are tired now and legs are aching and body almost crashed, giving indication that it’s time to turn off the light and say good night.

Lights show in the Garden


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tirupati to Tirumala by Footpath

Holy Trip to Rameswaram (Madurai, Rameshwaram & Kanyakumari)

Trip to Vaishno Devi