Health Vacation at JNI - Day 9

Tomorrow is our last day here and preparations are already on for tomorrow. I lost about 3.2 kg in 8 days, others lost more than 4 kgs. In order to achieve my goal, I walked two kms extra today and now my legs are too tired after walking for close to 9 kms at a stretch, but I am ok and I have my goal in mind as mentioned earlier.

I had oil message today followed by steam, very good experience and later in the afternoon I had hot and cold pack for my back. My physiotherapy sessions are almost over except for one. I still have one session left for acupuncture for tomorrow. I have to target and loose at least 2 kgs by end of tomorrow so that I can reach below 80 kgs and hence need to work out extra. I also know that tomorrow I will not be able to do much in the morning as I am scheduled for LSP wherein I will drink 6-8 glasses of warm water and using yoga I will cleanse my system. But I am hopeful I would be able to reach below 80 by Sunday morning. In lunch, for a change I got cutlet (Tikki) though it wasn't anywhere near the regular cutlets we get but it was made of bread with all healthy ingredients in it. It was interesting and tasty as well, I liked it. Time passed quickly and we feel like we just started yesterday. 

Now, the focus has shifted more on how to maintain what we have achieved till today and how to maintain the diets that we have been taking here. Each of us have our own plans but we will get to know only after a months’ time as to how we are doing with our new schedules.
However, I am sure everyone will cherish these moments and the results that we have achieved for months to come.

What is LSP? LSP stands for Laghu Shankha Prakshalana. The word Shankhaprakshalana comes from two words. Shankha meaning "conch" and prakshalana meaning to wash completely. The word shankha is used to represent the entire alimentary canal from mouth to anus. This practice is also known as "varisar dhouti". This practice is also a part of kaya kalpa, which is an ayurvedic technique for physical purification and transformation, kaya means body & kalpa means transformation. Shankhaprakshalana is the process to clean the intestinal tract by removing the impurities with salty water.

Pre- preparation : Eight glasses of warm water should be available, add 2 tea spoons of salt per liter to the water.

Procedure : Start the process early in the morning at 6 to 7am. Initially drink 2 glasses of the water preparation as quickly as possible, in a sitting position. Perform the 6 asanas dynamically 6 times each, in all 36 asanas in one round. Then again drink 2 glasses of water quickly and repeat the yogasanas. This entire exercise needs to be repeated at least three times.


Just keep in mind that you need to have quick access to restroom as once you start feeling the pressure you don’t have much time before the download starts. Hence if you are doing LSP keep one restroom reserved for yourself J. You can google for checking what are the 6 Yoga Asanas to be followed for LSP or write to me and i would be able to help you. I am not an expert but now know how to do it and what to do.

With the thoughts for last day in mind, i slept off around 9.30 PM. Tomorrow is our last day in JNI.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tirupati to Tirumala by Footpath

Holy Trip to Rameswaram (Madurai, Rameshwaram & Kanyakumari)

Trip to Vaishno Devi